Free Sick Leave Notification Software
OpenSickLeave creates an easy process around sick leave notifications. It has been developed with the following purposes in mind:
- Single point of notification
- The employer should always know the current status: Is an employee sick or not?
- The employee should have a very simple process to follow, whether sick or well again.
- Easy installation, configuration and maintenance
- Data privacy
So far, the software works pretty well and does exactly what it should do. If you need more features, like calendars, statistics, current status, ..., OpenSickLeave might not be the right solution for you.
- Easy-To-Use, intuitive GUI.
- Usage similar to paper forms: Just fill in and send.
- No installation necessary on client side.
- Effective Spam-Protection.
- CC-Recipients configurable via configuration file.
- All necessary recipients are notified automatically
- Bosses configurable via configuration file.
- Sender gets an email receipt
- Modern AJAX user interface
How does it work for the employee?
Case 1 - employee is sick.
Employee chooses "I'm sick". He fills the first day of sickness (usually today's date) and the expected last day of sickness.
Case 2 - employee is longer sick than expected.
Employee chooses "I'm sick". He fills the first day of sickness (usually in the past in this case) and the new expected last day of sickness.
Case 3 - employee is well again
Employee chosses "I'm well again". He fills first and last day of sickness.
How does it work for the employer?
Basically, the employer gets an email everytime the employee fills the form. He will receive at least 2 emails per sickleave: one on the first day of employee's sickness, and one when the employee is well again.
This is definitely intended, the software was planned to be as simple and secure (personal data!) as possible: No personal data is stored on the server.
- Apache2 Webserver
- Capability to use the php mail functionality
A database is not necessary, as no information is stored on the server.
To install the software on your Apache2/PHP web server, just extract the downloaded installation file.